Have you suffered a permanent impairment or disability as a result of work? If you have a serious long-term physical or psychological injury as a result of work, we can help.
If you have suffered an work-related injury in the past that never completely healed, leaving you with restricted movement, function or ongoing pain - You may have be legible to make a compensation claim.
A period of time following your incident that caused your injury (generally 12 months) is required to properly assess the degree of long-term impairment that your injury has caused. At the least, you may be entitled to make a claim for impairment benefits through WorkCover by lodging a claim with your employer. If you believe your injury was caused as a result of hazardous, negligent circumstances that should have been prevented - You may be able to make a claim against your employer.
CMC Lawyers go about the smartest, most effective way to ensure you get the compensation for your suffering, and ensure that minimal stress is endured by you and your loved ones.
We can help you achieve compensation, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following injuries or circumstances generally entitle you (as a victim) to make a compensation claim for permanent impairment:
- Your injuries need to have stabilised: While your injury may be very serious immediately following your incident at work, in order to properly assess the extent of permanent impairment, generally at least 12 months needs to pass from the date of your incident to the date you make a claim. There are exceptions to this requirement such as the loss of a limb.
- Your injury affects your future capability to work: The amount of compensation you're entitled to is very closely correlated to the extent your injury will prevent you from working at your regular capacity, or working at all. Injuries include spinal injuries, reduced movement in joints and nerve damage. You generally need to be able to exhibit a 10% loss in function/mobility, though there are exceptions.
- Your injury was as a result of negligence at work: All regular employees are covered by WorkCover, and regardless of most circumstances, are entitled to make a NSW Government WorkCover claim to receive impairment benefits. However, if it was deemed that your employer did not provide a safe work environment or proper precautions were not in place to prevent your injury - You may be entitled to make a claim against your employer.
- Not sure if you have a permanent impairment claim? - We understand that claiming compensation from your employer and lodging a claim with WorkCover can be a lengthy, uncomfortable or confusing process. We understand that the requirements can be complicated, and no two injuries and cases are alike. We can offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and determine if you have a genuine claim.
We can help you determine:
- If your permanent impairment injury claim is eligible.
Time constraints and circumstance mean your case may or may not be eligible, including whether you have a general WorkCover claim or a Common Law claim against your employer.
- The likelihood of you receiving compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Permanent Impairment Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding workplace negligence. We have been settling WorkCover insurance and Common Law claims against employers for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer our clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of worker's compensation law and WorkCover claims.