Have you suffered serious neck, back or hip injury while manually handling or lifting at work? If you have injured yourself while lifting and are having difficulty claiming compensation from your employer or WorkCover, we can help.
Lifting injuries can happen in any workplace - But are especially common in construction sites, agricultural work, logistics and medical professions.
The nature of your lifting injury will dictate the outcome of your compensation claim. Despite best practice, proper safety measures and good technique, lifting injuries can happen, and you will be able to lodge a WorkCover claim for workers' compensation. However, if you believe your injury occurred due to a breach in duty of care from your employer - You may be entitled to additional compensation.
CMC Lawyers go about the smartest, most effective way to ensure you get the compensation for your suffering, and ensure that minimal stress is endured by you and your loved ones.
We can help you achieve compensation, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following injuries or circumstances generally entitle you (as a victim) to make a compensation claim for a manual lifting/handling injury:
- You were injured while lifting at work - In work environments where heavy lifting and handling is common, employers have a duty to provide training, equipment and guidance to minimise risk of injury. At the minimum, you have a right to lodge a standard WorkCover claim which protects all injured employees regardless of most circumstances. If you believe your employer did not provide proper training, you may be entitled to make a claim against your employer. Circumstances that entitle you to claim include:
- Significant Injury: Your injury must be significant enough to limit your immediate or even long-term capacity to work, including slipped discs, hernias, severe strains, tendinitis and rotator injuries.
- A Lack of Employer Training: Your employer has an obligation to review internal processes to ensure that manual handling should be avoided wherever leveraged or machine operation is possible, along with teaching of proper technique to reduce the risk of injury.
- Employee Obligations: If it was deemed that the employee did not follow proper protocol leading up to their injury, they may not be able to pursue a claim against their employer - This includes not following safety guidelines, reasonable awareness of surroundings, and not using available safety equipment.
- Not sure if you have a lifting injury claim? - We understand that claiming compensation from your employer and lodging a claim with WorkCover can be a lengthy, uncomfortable or confusing process. We understand that the requirements can be complicated, and no two injuries and cases are alike. We can offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and determine if you have a genuine claim.
We can help you determine:
- If your lifting injury claim is eligible.
Time constraints and circumstance mean your case may or may not be eligible, including whether you have a general WorkCover claim or a Common Law claim against your employer.
- The likelihood of you receiving compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Lifting Injury Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding workplace negligence. We have been settling WorkCover insurance claims for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer our clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of worker's compensation law and WorkCover claims.