Have you suffered injury while working onsite? If you believe you are entitled to compensation, and are having difficulty claiming it from your employer or WorkCover, we can help.
Builders and construction worker by nature work in a hazardous industry, where injuries are very common. If you were injured whilst working on a construction site and have had difficulty claiming proper compensation via your employer and/or WorkCover, we can help.
Construction site injuries are complex due to the variety of circumstances. Accidents happen, and all construction employees are insured by the NSW Government's WorkCover scheme to provide compensation for injuries.
However, if your injury occurred due to a breach in duty of care from your employer - You may be entitled to additional compensation.
Finally, if you were injured at or near a construction site as a civilian (not an employee) - You will not be legible for a worker's compensation claim, but may be legible for a public liability claim.
CMC Lawyers go about the smartest, most effective way to ensure you get the compensation for your suffering, and ensure that minimal stress is endured by you and your loved ones. We can help you achieve compensation, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following injuries or circumstances generally entitle you (as a victim) to make a compensation claim for injuries from a construction site:
- You were injured while working at or nearby a construction site - Injuries happen, and nearly all construction workers are protected by WorkCover to receive compensation for their injuries. However, if you believe your injury was as a result of negligence on behalf of your supervisor, foreman or manager, you may be entitled to make a Common Law claim against your employer. Breaches of duty of care for building site employers include:
- Lack of Signage: Whether your injury could have been avoided if there was appropriate signage to inform of hazardous conditions.
- Equipment Failure: If you were given equipment to use that failed and resulted in your injury, you may be entitled to compensation if it was not your responsibility to test and and guarantee the integrity of the equipment used.
- Lack of Barricades: Construction sites must abide by proper fencing and barricading distances to protect civilians from injury. If you are not an employee, but were injured in the vicinity of a construction site due to a lack of proper barricades, please see our public liability claims page.
- Not sure if you have a construction site injury claim? - We understand that claiming compensation from your employer and lodging a claim with WorkCover can be a lengthy, uncomfortable or confusing process. We understand that the requirements can be complicated, and no two injuries and cases are alike. We can offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and determine if you have a genuine claim.
We can help you determine:
- If your construction site injury claim is eligible.
Time constraints and circumstance mean your case may or may not be eligible, including whether you have a general WorkCover claim or a Common Law claim against your employer.
- The likelihood of you receiving compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Construction Injury Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding workplace negligence. We have been settling WorkCover insurance claims for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer our clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of worker's compensation law and WorkCover claims.