Have you suffered serious burns as a result of negligence or hazardous conditions in the workplace? If you believe you are entitled to compensation and are having difficulty claiming it from your employer, we can help you.
If you were working with hazardous fluids or chemicals in the workplace and have suffered serious burns as a result, you may be legible for compensation.
If you suffered serious burns, rashes, internal injury or neurological damage as a result of exposure to toxic chemicals or scalding fluid, and are having trouble claiming proper workers' compensation, we can help.
Our workers' compensation experts will go about the smartest, most effective way to ensure you get the compensation for your suffering, to ensure that minimal stress is endured by you and your loved ones. We can help you achieve compensation for your claim, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following injuries or circumstances generally entitle you (as a victim) to make a compensation claim against an employer for serious burn injuries:
- Your employer or place of work breached their duty of care - If it is part of your job to work with hazardous substances that can cause burns, your employer has a responsibility to provide reasonable and safe working conditions, including:
- Guards, Lids or Covers: Such as appropriate splatter guards for working with scalding oils and fluids.
- Protective Clothing: Ensure that you should have been provided appropriate clothing, such as long-sleeves, heat resistant materials, aprons or gloves. If you were already provided these, but they were deteriorated in quality and did not prevent your injury, this may also be grounds for compensation.
- Safe Work Environment: Including cleaning slippery floors, warning stickers, proper training or automatic temperature adjustment on machinery.
- You were working with hazardous substances and fluids that require special care - Including corrosive chemical exposure, hot oils, boiling water or contact with fire or electricity. Toxic fumes causing internal burns and injury to sinus, throat and lungs are also covered in burn injury claims.
- You have been medically diagnosed with second or third-degree burns - The compensation you will be entitled to is directly linked to the length of time your capacity to work will be effected. While burns are extremely painful, if you have recovered from your burns and are looking to claim compensation months or years after the incident - Doing so may be difficult to prove. This is why it's important you act as soon as possible and speak to a legal team who have years of experience as accredited professionals settling burn injury compensation claims.
- Not sure if you have a work injury claim for your burns? - We understand that claiming compensation from your employer and lodging a claim with WorkCover can be a lengthy, uncomfortable or confusing process. We understand that the requirements can be complicated, and no two injuries and cases are alike. We can offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and determine if you have a genuine claim.
We can help you determine:
- If your burn injury compensation claim is eligible.
Time constraints and circumstance mean your case may or may not be eligible, particularly for chemical and fluid burns.
- The likelihood of you receiving compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Burn Injury Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding workplace negligence. We have been settling WorkCover insurance claims for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer our clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of worker's compensation law and WorkCover claims.