Have you suffered serious injury as a result of slipping, tripping or falling in a supermarket? If you have injured yourself while shopping due to a hazardous environment, that you believe could have been prevented, we can help.
Supermarket injuries, which fall under public liability claims, happen more frequently than you might believe. The reality of supermarkets and shopping centres is that shoppers are often distracted and not looking where they are walking. Because of this, supermarkets owe a duty of care to make sure their floors and aisles are properly swept and cleaned, with any spills and stock frequently cleaned up after. People often slip on liquids or grapes or other material.
The supermarket's 'duty of care' generally only extends to 'reasonably foreseeable' harm. For instance, if an employee drops a crate of milk that spills and does not properly clean the spill, resulting in a customer slipping and injuring themselves, this is foreseeable. If a customer is assaulted by another customer and injured for example - There may legal consequences but the supermarket would not be liable for compensation.
If you've slipped, tripped or fallen in a supermarket or grocery - CMC Lawyers will act in the, most effective way to ensure you get the compensation for your suffering, and ensure that minimal stress is endured by you and your loved ones.
We can help you achieve compensation, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following injuries or circumstances generally entitle you (as a victim) to make a compensation claim for a supermarket injury:
- You injured yourself as a result of a foreseeable hazard - If you believe the supermarket did not provide proper care and a safe environment, you may be entitled to a compensation claim.
- Slippery Floor: Either from product/refrigeration leaks or from staff who have not cleaned up in a reasonable amount of time.
- Trolleys: Lacerations from damaged trolleys
- Doors: Faulty, broken or malfunctioning doors and passageways.
- Loose Items: Groceries and produce not properly secured and falling from the shelf as a result.
- Obstructions: Such as pallets, boxes, produce or missing/poorly placed entry and exit mats.
- Other: Have you been injured in or near a supermarket, but your injury doesn't fall under these circumstances? You may still have a claim.
- Not sure if you have a supermarket injury claim? - We understand that claiming compensation from a supermarket can be a lengthy, uncomfortable or confusing process. They may attempt to stonewall your requests, or may only be willing to offer a settlement too small to compensate for your injuries. We understand that the circumstances are often complicated, and no two cases are alike. We can offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and determine if you have a genuine claim.
We can help you determine:
- If your supermarket injury claim is eligible.
Time constraints and each individual circumstance determines whether your case may or may not be eligible.
- The likelihood of you receiving compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Supermarket Injury Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding public liability claims, particularly for supermarket injuries. We have settled supermarket chain insurance claims for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of public liability claims.