Have you suffered serious injury as a result of slipping, tripping or falling in a shopping centre? If you have injured yourself while shopping due to a hazardous environment, that you believe could have been prevented, we can help.
Shopping centre injuries, which fall under public liability claims, are expected to provide their customers a safe environment, and to do their best to avoid accidents that can be prevented. The reality of shopping centres and supermarkets is that shoppers are often distracted and not looking where they are walking. Because of this, shopping centres owe a duty of care to make sure their floors are properly swept and cleaned, with any spills frequently cleaned up.
The shopping centre's 'duty of care' generally only extends to 'reasonably foreseeable' harm. For instance, if a cleaner leaves their equipment container unattended in a pedestrian area of the center, which then causes a customer to trip and injure themselves - this is foreseeable. On the other hand, if a customer is assaulted by another customer and injured for example - There may legal consequences, but the shopping centre would likely not be liable for compensation.
If you've slipped, tripped or fallen in a shopping centre - CMC Lawyers will act in the, most effective way to ensure you get the compensation for your suffering, and ensure that minimal stress is endured by you and your loved ones.
We can help you achieve compensation, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following injuries or circumstances generally entitle you (as a victim) to make a compensation claim for a shopping centre injury:
- You injured yourself as a result of a foreseeable hazard - If you believe the shopping center did not provide proper care and a safe environment, you may be entitled to a compensation claim.
- Slippery Floors: Because of the high potential of not only shopping centre staff, but customers leaving items unattended and spilling liquids that could be hazardous to others - Shopping centres have a strict responsibility to regularly monitor and attend to any hazards that could cause injuries to others.
- Doors: Faulty, broken or malfunctioning doors and passageways.
- Obstructions: Such as pallets, boxes, produce or missing/poorly placed entry and exit mats.
- Escalator or shopping trolley accidents.
- Other: Have you been injured in or near a shopping centre , but your injury doesn't fall under these circumstances? You may still have a claim.
- Not sure if you have a shopping centre injury claim? - We understand that claiming compensation from shopping centres can be a lengthy, uncomfortable or confusing process. They may attempt to stonewall your requests, or may only be willing to offer a settlement too small to compensate for your injuries. We understand that the circumstances are often complicated, and no two cases are alike. We can offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and determine if you have a genuine claim.
We can help you determine:
- If your shopping centre injury claim is eligible.
Time constraints and individual circumstance determines whether your case may or may not be eligible.
- The likelihood of you receiving compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Shopping Centre Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding public liability claims, particularly for shopping centre injuries. We have settled large shopping precinct insurance claims for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of public liability claims.