Have you suffered during a surgical procedure as a result what you believe to be the surgeon's negligence? If you believe your surgeon acted negligently and outside their duty of care to you as a patient, we can help you.
Surgery can be one of the most significant and risky life events for us, putting immense stress on families and loved ones. Because of this significance, we place a lot of trust in surgeons to fix and alleviate our symptoms with skill and care. If you've put your trust in a surgeon only to be left with complications and serious injury, you may be be legible to make a claim for compensation.
Because surgery compensation claims are often complicated - It's important to choose a legal team who know how the medical industry operates in NSW, with a strong knowledge of medical compensation law, patient rights, and experience settling claims against surgeons whose actions have harmed their patients.
Your claim must prove that the damage to you could have been prevented if the surgeon acted or performed the procedure within their duty of care.
If you have any concerns in regards to the standard of surgery and quality of care that you have received, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us.
We can help you achieve compensation for your claim, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following injuries, places or circumstances generally entitle you (the victim) to make a compensation claim against a surgeon, clinic or practice:
- The surgeon or assistant breached their duty of care - Such as the surgeon or assistant demonstrating poor communication/diagnostic skills, being under influence of drugs/alcohol, not following the established rules.
- Your surgeon was licensed & insured - Commercially practicing surgeons are bound by professional indemnity insurance. If your procedure was performed internationally or by an unaccredited surgeon, your claim may not be pursuable.
- Your procedure or surgery resulted in unreasonable damage - It's not uncommon for surgery to have unexpected outcomes - You may have grounds to claim compensation if the procedure made your original issue worse, created new problems, or was delayed without proper reason. This includes operations on the incorrect body part, surgical procedures that were not consented, leaving equipment inside a patient, bio-hazardous conditions, nerve damage, and unexpected loss of bodily function. Failure to finish a surgical procedure appropriately (such as not completely removing a malignant tumour) may also be grounds for compensation.
- Your anesthesia or prescription was incorrectly administered - If you were given pain killers or medications to assist surgery or recovery that was the incorrect medication, dosage, or failed to acknowledge preexisting conditions and allergies, you may have a genuine claim.
- Not sure if you have a surgery compensation claim? - We understand that the circumstances and responsibility for a poor outcome from surgery can be complicated, and no two injuries and cases are alike. We can offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and determine if you have a claim.
We can help you determine:
- If your surgery negligence claim is eligible.
Time constraints and circumstance mean your case may or may not be eligible, particularly for medical malpractice.
- The likelihood of you receiving surgery negligence compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering from negligence, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Surgery Negligence Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding medical negligence from hospitals and clinics. We have been settling surgery insurance claims for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer our clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of medical compensation law and professional indemnity insurance claims.