Has your doctor, surgeon, nurse or GP given you an incorrect or misleading diagnosis? If you believe your medical practitioner acted negligently and outside their duty of care to you as a patient, we can help you.
If your doctor has misdiagnosed you or someone you know, you have the right to seek compensation for the consequences of the mistake, which can be devastating. Failure to diagnose the correct medicine is a serious breach of duty of care and can result in devastating effects for the patient, including longer recovery times, complications which pose a risk to the patient and higher medical expenses.
The nature of medical misdiagnosis is complex. That's why it's essential to choose a legal team who know exactly how health/medical services and insurance companies operate in NSW.
We have over 20 years experience settling claims against doctors and medical staff who have acted negligently and diagnosed incorrect conditions and symptoms.
Your claim must prove that the damage caused to you as a result of the wrong diagnosis could have been prevented if the doctor had otherwise given you the correct diagnosis.
Our medical negligence experts will go about the smartest, most effective way to ensure you get the compensation for your loss and suffering, to ensure that minimal stress is endured by you and your loved ones. We can help you achieve compensation for your claim, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following conditions generally entitle you (the victim) to make a compensation claim if you have received a misdiagnosis resulting in significant harm:
- Delay in or failure to diagnose an illness or condition
- Delay in or failure to provide the appropriate treatment or referral for the illness or condition
- Failure to perform surgery with reasonable care and skill
- Failure to accurately report correct results
- Failure to provide post-operative care with reasonable care and skill
- Making an existing medical condition worse
Medical misdiagnosis can be put into three categories:
- Total Misdiagnosis - Where medical staff have failed to diagnose a health condition or illness after initial health problems.
- Late Misdiagnosis - Where a delay in diagnosis has led to recovery time or other health issues
- Incorrect Diagnosis - Where a patient has been diagnosed with a condition they do not have, have been prescribed unnecessary medication or administered unnecessary treatment
We can help you determine:
- If your medical negligence claim is eligible.
Time constraints and circumstance mean your case may or may not be eligible, particularly for medical malpractice.
- The likelihood of you receiving medical negligence compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering from negligence, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Medical Negligence Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding medical negligence stemming from misdiagnosis. We have been settling medical insurance claims for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer our clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of medical compensation law and professional indemnity insurance claims.