Have you suffered at the hands of a negligent surgeon, nurse or doctor during your time in hospital? If you believe your medical practitioner acted negligently or made a mistake and outside their duty of care to you as a patient, we can help you.
If you were given medication or were the patient of a procedure in hospital which you suffered as a result from - There still may be no grounds for a claim.
If it was deemed that the hospital acted within their duty of care, and that you were treated within reason based on your health and personal requirements - Making a claim for compensation can be very difficult. But sometimes hospitals make mistakes.
Hospital compensation claims can be complicated. It's important to choose a legal team who know how hospitals operate in NSW, with experience settling claims against hospitals whose staff have acted negligently.
Your claim must prove that the damage caused to you could have been prevented if the hospital acted within their duty of care. Our hospital negligence experts will go about the smartest, most effective way to ensure you get the compensation for your loss and suffering, to ensure that minimal stress is endured by you and your loved ones. We can help you achieve compensation for your claim, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following injuries, places or circumstances generally entitle you (the victim) to make a compensation claim against a hospital:
- The hospital staff breached their duty of care - Such as the doctor, nurse or surgeon demonstrating poor communication/diagnostic skills, being under influence of drugs/alcohol, not following the established rules, or failure to report results or diagnose conditions.
- Your medical practioner was licensed & insured - Hospital medical professionals bound by professional indemnity insurance, including Doctors, Surgeons, Nurses, Radiologists, Anesthetist, Pregnancy/Infancy professionals (Obstetricians and Paediatricians), Chiropractors, Physiotherapists.
- Your procedure or surgery resulted in unreasonable damage - It's not uncommon for procedures to have unexpected outcomes - However, not all outcomes are grounds for compensation. If you feel your procedure was unsuccessful, you may have grounds to claim compensation if the procedure made your original issue worse, created new problems, or was delayed without proper reason.
- Your medicine was incorrectly administered - If you were given the wrong medicine, the incorrect dosage, or at the wrong time - There may be grounds for a claim. Common incidences include failing to administer antibiotics, failure to monitor and adjust fluid levels, or failure to acknowledge preexisting conditions or allergies.
- Not sure if you have a hospital claim? - We understand that the requirements can be complicated, and no two injuries and cases are alike. We can offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and determine if you have a genuine claim.
We can help you determine:
- If your dental negligence claim is eligible.
Time constraints and circumstance mean your case may or may not be eligible, particularly for medical malpractice.
- The likelihood of you receiving dental negligence compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering from negligence, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Medical Negligence Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding medical negligence from hospitals. We have been settling hospital insurance claims for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer our clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of medical compensation law and professional indemnity insurance claims.