Have you suffered during a dental procedure as a result of a dentist or dental practitioner's negligence? If you believe your dentist acted negligently and outside their duty of care to you as a patient, we can help you.
A visit to the dentist can often be unnerving or uncomfortable. As a patient, we put trust our dentists, but just like any medical profession - Negligence can occur.
If your dental procedure resulted in an unexpected outcome, or you were simply not happy with your experience - This may not be grounds for a compensation claim.
What must be proven is that your dental practitioner breached their duty of care, resulting in significant and attributable physical or financial damage. Proving a breach in duty of care, particularly for medical claims, can be difficult.
Because dental compensation claims are often complicated - It's important to choose a legal team who know how dentists operate in NSW, with a strong knowledge of medical compensation law, patient rights, and experience settling claims against dentists whose actions have harmed their patients.
Your claim must prove that the damage to you could have been prevented if the dentist acted or performed the procedure within their duty of care.
Our dental negligence experts will go about the most effective way to ensure you get the compensation for your loss and suffering, to ensure minimal stress between you and your loved ones.
If you have any concerns in regards to the standard of dentistry and quality of care that you have received, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. We can help you achieve compensation for your claim, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following injuries, places or circumstances generally entitle you (the victim) to make a compensation claim against a dental practitioner or practice:
- The dental practitioner staff breached their duty of care - Such as the dentist or assistant demonstrating poor communication/diagnostic skills, being under influence of drugs/alcohol, not following the established rules.
- Your dental practitioner was licensed & insured - Commercially practicing dentists are bound by professional indemnity insurance. If your procedure was performed internationally or by an unaccredited dentist, your claim may not be pursuable.
- Your procedure or surgery resulted in unreasonable damage - It's not uncommon for oral procedures and surgery to have unexpected outcomes - However, not all poor outcomes are grounds for compensation. If you feel your procedure was unsuccessful, you may have grounds to claim compensation if the procedure made your original issue worse, created new problems, or was delayed without proper reason. These includes problems with dental implants, cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, nerve damage, and periodontal (gum) disease.
- Your anesthesia or prescription was incorrectly administered - If you were given pain killers or medications to assist surgery or recovery that was the incorrect medication, dosage, or failed to acknowledge preexisting conditions and allergies, you may have a genuine claim.
- Not sure if you have a dental compensation claim? - We understand that the circumstances and responsibility for a poor outcome from an oral procedure can be complicated, and no two injuries and cases are alike. We can offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and determine if you have a claim.
We can help you determine:
- If your hospital negligence claim is eligible.
Time constraints and circumstance mean your case may or may not be eligible, particularly for medical malpractice.
- The likelihood of you receiving hospital negligence compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering from negligence, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Medical Negligence Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding medical negligence from hospitals. We have been settling hospital insurance claims for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer our clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of medical compensation law and professional indemnity insurance claims.