Have you suffered as a result of a cosmetic procedure that you believe is due to the surgeon's negligence? If you believe your surgeon acted negligently and outside their duty of care to you as a patient, we can help suing the surgeon.
While the complications during and immediately following cosmetic and plastic surgery is low - Over time, the consequences of poor surgery can become evident. Professionalism and skill is often a given in the medical profession, however, the growth under-qualified cosmetic surgeons is becoming apparent due to the rising number of complications and injury arising from negligent surgery.
Because the negative consequences of cosmetic surgery are cosmetic, the result of poor (or "botched") surgery is far more apparent then other forms of surgical negligence.
Cosmetic surgery compensation claims are often complicated - It's important to choose a legal team who know how the medical industry operates in NSW, with a strong knowledge of medical compensation law, patient rights and experience settling claims against surgeons whose actions have harmed their patients.
Your claim must prove that the damage to you could have been prevented if the surgeon acted or performed the procedure within their duty of care.
If you have any concerns in regards to the standard of surgery and quality of care that you have received, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us.
We can help you achieve compensation for your claim, including loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, and loss of life quality.
The following injuries, places or circumstances generally entitle you (the victim) to make a compensation claim against a surgeon, clinic or practice:
- The surgeon or assistant breached their duty of care - Such as the surgeon or assistant demonstrating poor communication/diagnostic skills, being under influence of drugs/alcohol, not following the established rules.
- Your surgeon was licensed & insured - Commercially practicing surgeons are bound by professional indemnity insurance. If your procedure was performed internationally (such as Thailand) or by an unaccredited surgeon, your claim may not be pursuable.
- Your procedure or surgery resulted in unreasonable damage - It's not uncommon for surgery to have unexpected outcomes - You may have grounds to claim compensation if the procedure made your original issue worse or created new problems. This includes unexpected or excessive scarring, nerve damage, skin sagging, or evidently poor cosmetic results.
- Your anesthesia or prescription was incorrectly administered - If you were given pain killers or medications to assist surgery or recovery that was the incorrect medication, dosage, or failed to acknowledge preexisting conditions and allergies, you may have a genuine claim.
- Not sure if you have a cosmetic surgery compensation claim? - We understand that the circumstances and responsibility for a poor outcome from surgery can be complicated, and no two injuries and cases are alike. Your procedure does not have to be extensive - A simple skin lift or botox injection can have highly undesirable consequences if administered incorrectly. We can offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case.
We can help you determine:
- If your cosmetic surgery negligence claim is eligible.
Time constraints and circumstance mean your case may or may not be eligible, particularly for medical malpractice.
- The likelihood of you receiving cosmetic surgery negligence compensation.
We offer a no win, no fee* policy, meaning we won't set unreasonable expectations. Even though you may be genuinely suffering from negligence, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation.
We will establish an estimated timeframe for a successful settlement. Get in touch with us today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
I got a great settlement at a time when I really needed the money.
CMC Lawyers kept me fully informed at all times and treated me with compassion and dignity.
Sean Brown, Successful CMC Lawyers Client
Why Choose CMC for my Cosmetic Surgery Claim?
- Results: Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the legalities surrounding medical negligence from clinics and surgeons. We have been settling surgery insurance claims for over 20 years - We know the likelihood your claim will succeed, we know how to treat our clients and we know how to win. We're so confident that we offer our clients a no win, no fee* policy.
- Balanced: We're large enough to offer our clients an established network of medical and financial resources and legal expertise, but small enough to care for our clients on a personal level.
- Accredited: Our Law Society Specialist Accreditation provides the public with a benchmark for reputable service. CMC Lawyers have passed extensive examination and assessment, along with strict ongoing training to ensure we stay on the forefront of medical compensation law and professional indemnity insurance claims.